6.25.2012

wew-hoooooooo!

Declan is three and a half, he'll be four in January.  And until last week has had absolutely no interest in being potty trained.  I didn't push him, I figured he'd eventually get it.  Although, the last few months I've started to wonder if he ever would.  People always said, "don't worry, it's not like he's going to go to college in a diaper".  So that's what I kept telling myself.  But as he would sit on the little plastic potty for what seemed like hours and not go, only to pee on my carpet within minutes of getting up, I thought that he might be the one.  The kid that really did have to wear a diaper to college.  The kid they did the 60 minutes special on. 
So, Jay and I decided one afternoon last week, that that was it.  He wasn't wearing diapers anymore.  We put him in underwear and that night he went twice on the potty.  Every time he went, we went crazy.  Hugging  him and jumping up and down like lunatics.  We kept telling him how proud we were and he started to become really proud too.  He's only had a couple accidents since last week.  I don't think I have been this excited about anything, ever.  It really might be my greatest accomplishment to date.
So, it looks like Declan will be able to go to preschool in the fall and I will not have 3 kids in diapers come November. 


No comments:

Post a Comment