2.12.2012

(almost) valentine's day

The girls worked on their valentine cards for their classmates last night. We went to Michael's last night and picked up little pink and red paper bags, little heart clothespin clips, and about $50 worth of stickers (I wish I was joking!). Inside each bag, they put a ring pop, a conversation heart eraser, and a little handwritten note. For Emerson's class, the teacher provided us with a picture of each child to make it easier for them to hand them out (since most of them can't read yet!). Here's how they turned out:



They were pretty cute. We don't usually go all out around here for Valentine's Day. I usually just get the kids a little something and Jay and I try to go out to dinner at some point. I do enjoy going to the store the day after Valentine's Day and buying one of those big obnoxious heart-shaped boxes of chocolates for half price and eating the entire thing looking for the ones filled with coconut.

I'm usually more of a birthdays and Christmas kind of girl, but I'm going to try to do a little bit more for the other holidays too. I was looking on Pinterest for ideas to make them a special Valentine's dessert or something and came across all these cute ideas that other people (moms) have been up to!



Seriously, how cute are those?! They were just printed on matte photo paper at the Costco and then she added the lollipops! Totally want to do this for the girls next year!



And how cute would these be for Declan's class next year?

Here's a couple other cute (all food related) Valentine's Day ideas:













Now, I'm really hungry and want to go make cupcakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment