1.22.2012

cookie monster cupcakes..... sure, why not?

This week is going to be a little crazy with all of the birthday festivities around here. Wednesday is Declan's actual birthday. Friday, he's celebrating at school (he only goes on Friday mornings!), and Sunday the grandparents are coming to celebrate. The girls randomly have off school Wednesday, so we're thinking of taking everyone to the aquarium or the children's museum. I keep trying to ask Declan what he wants for his birthday dinner, but all he'll say is "CAKE"! I asked what he wanted to eat before the cake and he said, "milk". I couldn't really argue with that, so I guess I'll come up with something.

I asked him what he wanted to take in to celebrate with his class and he said cookie monster cupcakes. (Yes, I realize it would be a lot easier if I stopped asking him what he wants!) I was going to try to find cookie monster cupcakes at the grocery store. But then I stumbled upon this (on Pinterest):



I followed the link to the blog Bird On A Cake, where she gives really good and seemingly easy instructions on how to make them. I'm trying to ignore the fact that the blog has the word cake in the title and she's probably a trained pastry chef. But, I've already bought that icing tip for the monster cake anyway, so I figure I'll give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment