1.20.2012

My little monster's turning 3!

Declan's birthday is next week and I can honestly say, I have done almost nothing to prepare for it. No Wild Things party like his 1st birthday and no Dinosaur party like his 2nd. This year we're just doing super low key party with the grandparents. Although, in my head I realize that not throwing an elaborate party for a three year old is perfectly acceptable, I can't help but feeling a little guilty. So, of course I'm bound to overcompensate somewhere else. I decided I would go all out on his cake or cupcakes, whichever he decided on. He said he wanted a monster cake. Actually it was more like "ma-monst cake". He's not really big on enunciating. He's more of a grunt and point kind of guy, which maybe explains his affinity for monsters. I searched "monster cake" on Pinterest and found this:


It might be the greatest cake I've ever seen and I have zero idea how to make it. It was created by Jen Atkins (read her blog here) I went to Michael's and bought the icing tip she used to make the hair, orange icing coloring, and stuff for the cake pop eyes. I'm super excited/nervous. Hopefully it will turn out cute! As long as Declan thinks it looks like a monster, we'll be good! Perhaps showing him the picture was a mistake. I should have kept his expectations low! :) I'll post about how the cake makin' goes! Wish me luck! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the results! Fingers crossed for you too. :)

    ReplyDelete