11.15.2011

guess what time it is?

It's almost that time of year again. No, not Thanksgiving. Not Christmas, either. Nope, it's family Christmas card photo time. Time to get your family all dressed up and looking presentable so that you can send out a Christmas card that shows how perfect, good-looking, and well-behaved your children are. Ha!

I have all these ideas of what I don't want the photo to look like. I don't want to all be wearing the same outfit. I don't want it on a beach. And I don't want it to look like this:



I want it to be sweet and candid. I don't want to look back on it and cringe. Or worse, be included on some website's collection of awkward family photos. Here are a few pictures that I think are Christmas-card worthy:


i love the vintage-y feel of this one!

this one would be easy enough! they're always jumping on the couch anyway.

love the round lights!


just love this family, in general!

ignore the fact that it's the jolie-pitts. love the candid-ness!

love the simplicity! they remind me of a more modern, more fashionable Von Trapp family! can't you see them singing on a mountaintop?
I am in full-on Rachel Zoe mode right now creating looks for each of us. We'll probably take the picture next weekend, so stay tuned for outtakes!

1 comment:

  1. that is so funny, I picked out the Christmas light one as inspiration as well!

    ReplyDelete