11.23.2011

a thanksgiving to remember

Well, I can honestly say, I have never spent the day before Thanksgiving quite like this. Usually I am knee-deep in Thanksgiving dinner prep. Making cranberry sauce, baking pies, assembling trifles, spray painting mini gourds for each place setting (don't ask!). Today I have been in bed. All day. Apart from my morning venture to the doctor's office to confirm that I do indeed have strep throat, I have been in my room. I have watched everything on my DVR. I have watched a Twilight marathon. I have been to every blog, shopping, and social networking website that exists. I am beyond bored. Except for glimpses of the kids through the doorway, I haven't seen them all day. Every once in a while, I will get some mail like this one:


And this one:


I also received a get better bird.



Ava has been quite the little nurse, bringing me snacks and drinks. She even called my cell phone from downstairs to check in. She's been a big help to Jay too. I can hear here mommy-ing the other kids from upstairs.

Aside from the sore throat, I should also mention that I have the lovely side effect of the glands in my face (along my jawline) being really swollen. Well, that's kind of an understatement. It's more like this:



I wish I was joking. I would post a picture of what I look like, but I'm not entirely convinced my face is going to go back to normal, so I'm too scared to show anyone. When I told Emerson that I had to go to the doctor this morning, she said, "Why, because your face keeps getting bigger?". I made Jay go pick up my prescriptions because I was afraid of running into anyone I knew. Jay can't even talk to me and keep a straight face.

I am really hoping that tomorrow I can celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. I hope my turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and pie do not have to be blended into a smoothie. I hope we can sit around the table and say what we're thankful for. I hope one of the things I am thankful for is that my face magically returned to its normal size overnight.

All joking aside, I am thankful for my lively family. I am a lucky lucky mama.


Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment