11.15.2011

my 5 minute, zero dollar art gallery

In the course of cleaning my office area, I realized that a large source of the mess is all the things the kids bring home from school. All of their completed homework, quizzes, and tests get tossed without a second thought, but I just can't part with the artwork. I've seen awesome collages that people have made from their children's masterpieces, like this one by Jan Eleni (a New York-based designer):


and this one found here:



I swear, sometime, I will get around to doing this. For now, I just really want them to have a home, somewhere other than piled up on my desk. So I decided to make a mini gallery for their artwork to be displayed. I took 3 strands of jute cord and 6 nails (all of which I had in the house....so I spent $0) and I made this:


I had mini clothespins from Paper Source leftover from my Christmas card display last year, so I used those to hang everything. The kids were really cute when I was putting everything up last night. Not only were they so proud of their own work, but the girls were super excited to see that Declan now has artwork coming home from school too.

No comments:

Post a Comment